Bodyworks Physiotherapy and Wellness provide many opportunities for you to regain your strength, improve your mobility and prevent re-injury. Whether it is after an illness or when recovering from an injury, we have the expertise to get you up and about.
We have a number of very good sports specific restrengthening programmes that are driven by the Physiotherapists or the Sports Trainer. Come in and check out the gym, gives us a call on 09 407 4288 or book an appointment here.
All the programmes are tailor made to suit you.
Two of our most successful programmes are for regaining mobility, strength and your confidence after an operation. Research shows that if you put effort in at the beginning (before your operation), your post-op outcome is improved.
Pre-operation Restrengthening Programmes
- Many specialists and surgeons will recommend a strengthening programme is established before your operation.
- Speak to your surgeon about their preferred exercise protocol
- Your physiotherapist can help you with the exercise sessions
- Many times these will be covered by your insurer or ACC
- Evidence shows that time spent exercising before your operation can;
- reduce recovery time after
- lead to better outcomes and;
- reduce stress levels leading up to the operation.
Post-operation Restrengthening Programmes
- Post-operation exercise is crucial to the success of the operation and your physiotherapist is the ideal person to help you on your road to recovery..
- Many specialists and surgeons will have a preferred rehabilitation protocol
- Ask your specialist or surgeon about theirs and bring it along to your first appointment. (You can email it through as well)