Our COVID-19 Response at Alert Level 2
Bodyworks Physiotherapy and Wellness are pleased to announce that we are open at Alert Level 2. Our overriding consideration is for your health and safety and the health and safety of our team. As professional health and wellness providers, we are looking forward to being able to recommence all our services for you, allowing for the new ‘norm’.
Guidelines issued by the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand and by the Ministry of Health confirm the continuation of these principles;
- Physical distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette, and
- Environmental cleaning.
- Wearing a mask is required while within the clinic.
To ensure that we maintain the health and safety of our staff and customers we need to implement some changes to how we work, bearing in mind the principles above.
- Telephone, text, or email only
- No ‘walk-in’ appointments, use our on-line booking system
- Risk assessment by phone, email or text (sometimes all 3!)
- Electronic consent forms
- 5 x Physiotherapists plus 3 x Receptionists
- PPE used by the Physiotherapists and clients
- Massage and Pilates – please call the clinic to check our class schedule.
- Will be used if necessary and appropriate and while we are still able (ACC discretion)
- Wait in the car until called (text your arrival)
- Maintained in the clinic (1 m clearance)
- Continued during consultation.
- Practiced in clinic before and after each client.
- Hand sanitiser stations for client use
- Cashless and contactless transactions only
Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Cough into your elbow
- If you have one of the following, stay home… a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose and/or loss of taste. Call your Doctor or the COVID-19 health-line 0800 358 5453
- Thorough cleaning of treatment rooms, gym equipment and all hard surfaces
Appointments must be pre-booked. Try our online booking link or please call 09 407 4288 and talk to one of our staff. We may not be able to get to your call straight away but if you leave a message, we will get back to you.
- If you have a new injury, we will need to enter your details and the details of the injury into our Customer Management System (CMS). Most important is your email address. We need this to send you our electronic registration and consent form and (possibly) exercise sheets and exercise videos.
- You will be asked a couple of COVID-19 related questions including on your general health
- Have you had or been in contact with someone who has had COVID-19?
- What is the likelihood that you may have been exposed to COVID-19?
- The answers to these questions allow us to determine if our precautions are sufficient to be able to treat you, whether we need to implement additional precautions for your treatment or whether we will need to refer you to your GP or the National Healthline.
Under the Physiotherapy Board’s Level 2 guidelines, we are not able to process ‘walk-in’ clients. You will be asked to return to your car and call us.
If we can help, we will. Appointments for ‘walk-in’ clients cannot be guaranteed.
- While we are still able, we will be continuing with Telehealth appointments for those unable to get to the clinic.
- We share the clinic premises with Northland Pathology. At Level 2, their policy for appointments is for clients to wait in their car until called.
- We are asking our clients to get to the clinic on time and only come in a few moments before their appointment.
- Screens in the reception area are there to protect our reception staff. We ask you not to cross into the reception area.
- The treatment rooms have been rearranged to provide 1-2m clearance from you and the Physiotherapist during the consultation.
- Our massage therapies will also be available.
- Washing your hands is one of the simplest but most important precautions you can take to combat COVID-19 transmission. We will be washing our hands before you enter the treatment room and after you leave. We ask you to do the same thing. Hand sanitiser stations have been put up in the clinic, please feel free to use them. If you want to wear gloves, please feel free. Disposable latex gloves are better than cloth ones.
- New injuries present a challenge in that we need to gain your consent for treatment, and you need to agree to a couple of ACC conditions.
- We will be sending a consent form electronically to you immediately after you have called to discuss an appointment. The form will have a few of the details as discussed with our reception staff, however, we would ask you to make any amendments, fill in the blanks and tick the agreement boxes.
- All you need to do is press ‘Save’ and the rest is magic! Your information automatically populates the correct fields in our CMS without the need to print or handle any paper.
- Due to excessive banks charge for the use of Pay-wave and other contactless payment systems, we have been forced to remove this facility. If you have an issue using the keypad, let us know and we can sort it.
- We no longer accept cheque payments and prefer not to accept cash. You will be asked the question about method of payment when you call to make an appointment. This will allow you to make arrangement to pay online before you come for you appointment.
- Retail sales can be completed in-store. Your Physiotherapist will advise you on which product is most suitable and help determine the size.
Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Please continue to observe the correct respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette, cough into your elbow
- During the treatment phase your Physiotherapist will be using a face mask/shield and we are asking you to wear a mask. (if you do not have your own mask, we are able to provide you with one)
- Stay home if you have a flu or if you have one of the following; a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of taste.
- See your doctor or call the Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if things do not improve.
- Please resist the urge to touch too many surfaces in the clinic.
- We will be cleaning all hard surfaces regularly and any soft surface in the treatment rooms after each patient. We use medical grade disinfectant wipes and spray.
- All gym equipment will be cleaned after each use. Some equipment will not be available for use. (physical distancing must be maintained in the gym)
The children’s toys, and your ‘favourite’ magazines have all been removed from the reception area.
- Our gym area is closed to casual use until further notice.
- We will not be issuing any loan equipment (moonboots and crutches are still available)
- Details of any support persons or family members accompanying a client will be recorded to allow for effective contact tracing. These people will be asked to provide their name and contact number on a clinic register.