Back-to-Work or Employment Focused Programmes
Many Ways To
To see a Physiotherapist, you can call us, email us or just pop-in to the clinic. (You don’t always need a GP’s referral but, if you do have one already, that’s OK. Just bring it with you or have it handy when you call.) We will book you in with your preferred Physiotherapist (if you have one) for an initial appointment (usually 30-min).
Pre-operation Restrengthening Programmes
- Many specialists and surgeons will recommend a strengthening programme is established before your operation.
- Speak to your surgeon about their preferred exercise protocol
- Your physiotherapist can help you with the exercise sessions
- Many times these will be covered by your insurer or ACC
- Evidence shows that time spent exercising before your operation can;
- reduce recovery time after
- lead to better outcomes and;
- reduce stress levels leading up to the operation.
Post-operation Restrengthening Programmes
- Post-operation exercise is crucial to the success of the operation and your physiotherapist is the ideal person to help you on your road to recovery..
- Many specialists and surgeons will have a preferred rehabilitation protocol
- Ask your specialist or surgeon about theirs and bring it along to your first appointment. (You can email it through as well)
Whether it is after an illness or when recovering from an injury, we have the expertise to get you up and about.
We have a number of very good sports specific restrengthening programmes that are driven by the Physiotherapists or the Sports Trainer. Come in and check out the gym, gives us a call on 09 407 4288 or book an appointment here.
All the programmes are tailor made to suit you.
Two of our most successful programmes are for regaining mobility, strength and your confidence after an operation. Research shows that if you put effort in at the beginning (before your operation), your post-op outcome is improved.
Employment Focused Programmes
In jobs where there is a high component of manual labour or heavy lifting, pre-employment screening may be relevant. Our Physiotherapists can assess your requirements and run the physical checks that make employing new staff less risky.
Safe Lifting and Handling
We offer group classes, customised to suit your staff’s specific product handling requirements, either at our premises or on-site at your workplace if that’s easier.
We’ll provide all training materials and signs that can be placed in work areas to remind staff of the correct techniques.
We can also provide customised exercise sheets to help staff stretch muscles that may become stiff or sore through heavy lifting.
Correct Workstation Set-up
Correct set-up of your staffs’ workstations can increase efficiency and reduce the risk of neck and back strain. This is especially important in situations where staff share a workstation.
Our physiotherapists are trained in correct postural alignment and can assess each staff member in their environment to ensure that their equipment is set up of for optimal safety and efficiency. If you would like more information please contact us to discuss your person requirements.
Bodyworks – Physiotherapy & Wellness works with ACC, other insurance companies and other health providers, to develop employment focused exercise programmes to enable you and your employees to regain function and pre-injury fitness.
Research shows that targeted rehabilitation programmes get people back into work safely and effectively.
In the first instance, speak to ACC or your insurance company about these programmes. If you are concerned about an employee and would like to see how we can help, contact us here for a confidential discussion.
These are the ACC programmes we work with;
- Return to Work
- Stay at Work
- Work Ready
Your Privacy Matters
Please Read Our Privacy Statement
It is our obligation to encourage you to read the Privacy Statement Before you start treatment or classes with us.